Monday, August 27, 2012

Ruler Over All

Adoni - Exalted Lord, ruler over all; signifies ownership and mastership on an individual and corporate level

Exalted - raised or elevated; in highest standing

Lord - The proper name of God; ruler; leader with complete power or authority; a leader of great influence


 Jesus my Savior is easy. It's all about what Jesus did for me. I don't deserve it; I can't earn it; I can choose to accept or reject it. The end. It is freeing and it feels good. My pride is on the line, but admitting my shortcoming isn't hard, and accepting that Jesus paid the price for my sin once and for all provided freedom I had never before understood.

 Lordship is what trips me up. Not just my Savior, but my Lord. This new name for God indicates a position change in my heart, mind and soul. Lordship - when I admit and embrace that God does both desire and require to be the boss of all of me. He wants to steer the boat, drive the car, or prune the vine - pick the word picture that works best. The bottom line is that God is in charge of all of it. My family, my marriage, my money, my career, my kids, my friends, my hobbies and my junk. There is no place that is off limits; there is not part of me that I willful keep separate from God. Lordship comes when I say "God, make me like you in every way, in every place and in every part of my life. I submit to your authority, I submit to your will, I submit to your way."

That's usually the point when my sin inclined nature rears it's ugly head and screams "I am the boss of me! I have my rights! Who better than me knows whats best for me?" And so God I cling to your truths. "For the word of the Lord is right and true, He is faithfully in all He does" (Psalms 33:4) "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him: (2 Sam 22:31) "And we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. In this way love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like Him. There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love" (1 John 4:16-18) "Submit to God and be at peace with Him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Accept instruction from His mouth and lay up His words in your heart. If you return to the Almighty you will be restored" (Job 22:21-23)

So today God, I claim you and call you my Adoni. You are my Lord and I will fully submit to your authority in all things. Shine your light on the dark shadows that separate me from you. Continue to transform me into the girl you created me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment