Friday, March 30, 2012

Hopelessly Devoted to WHO?

1 Chronicles 28:9-13
New International Version (NIV)

 9 “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 Consider now, for the LORD has chosen you to build a house as the sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.”

Wholehearted devotion - completely and sincerely determined or enthusiastic; free of all reserve or hesitation; marked by complete earnest commitment.

Willing mind - inclined or favorably disposed in thought, intention, desire

Grease - A movie that touched a generation.  I was very young when Mom and Aunt Becky took me to the movies to see that film - due in large part to the "no babysitter" effect. I LOVED that movie.  I was the first sound track I ever purchased with my own money. I knew every word to every song.  I was gonna be that tall blond girl with the cool accent that fell in love with the cute bad boy, turned him to good and then wore amazing black leather pants as we sung to each other at the graduation carnival. I was in love with the idea of musical love.  Then came life. The cruelty of Jr. High.  The romantic roller coaster of high school.  I am lucky. I met my best friend  when I was 17 and we were married a few years later. Matt is amazing. He loves you so much God, and me and our kids. I am so glad that we came to understand early that our first love has to be you God.

But you first means...well you first. I want to offer wholehearted devotion.  I want to offer a willing mind.  Possible in my strength -never.  I hesitate. I am sometimes afraid.  I fret when I should pray.  I talk to myself instead of talking with and listening to you my Father. I get busy with bills, and work, and school, and kids, and friends, and church and life - sometimes I get so busy that you, King of Kings, go from first thought to no thought at all. You search my heart - that inner most part that makes me, well me.  And you understand my desires and my thoughts.  The good, the bad, the real junk that I try to keep away from others. You know how much I love you and how I really do want to be more like you and less like me.  Some days are better than others.  How cool to know that when I go looking for  you God, then you will make sure that I can find you . It's scary too though, to know that if I turn my back on you - well lets just say it won't be pretty. You have chosen me for - something.  I have not been called to build your temple, but what about building your kingdom. I know I wont change the world, but I can make a difference in one person's world.  For my kids, my husband, the people you put in my path.  I want to be strong and do the work. I wish you'd give me a plan. Well actually I wish you'd just give me the specific details of this plan. But if I had all the details I wouldn't need faith - and I know what a big fan of "faith" you are!

So even tho this was fatherly advice I will apply it to my life. Today. Right now.
Search my heart.
Reveal yourself.
Correct me, love me, inspire me. 
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment