Friday, March 23, 2012

Have I Forgot

Have I Forgot

Psalms 106

But they soon forgot what He (God) had done and did not wait for His counsel.

   

They gave into their cravings, they grew envious, they exchanged God the creator for less than idols, they forgot God, and they despised the blessings God had provided.  They did not believe, did not obey, and joined themselves to less than holy things.  They provoked God and angered Him.  They united with the ungodly and adopted ungodly behaviors.  They elevated other things above God.  They mistreated their family and gave them up for things that were not of God. They harmed innocents. They dirtied and lessened themselves on purpose.  They were intentional in their sin and it only got worse and worse.

 

But He (God) took note of their distress when He heard their cry; for their sake He remembered His covenant and out of His great love He relented.

 

How many times have I been "soon to forget what God has done"? 

How many times have I willfully, sinfully chased after my cravings?

God requires that He is first.  I sacrifice that.  I sometimes grumble. I sometimes disobey.  I have united myself with things that are less than Gods best.  I have sacrificed my family for selfish tho at times "godly" endeavors.  While I have never worshiped Baal - my relationships with food, my credit card, the mall, my hobbies (as I write this we are in the throes of March Madness) and even my family and friends have at times usurped my relationship with my creator.  God wants to be first all of the time.  Family matters, work and friends are important too.  But make no mistake God gets mad, really mad, when I twist what was meant to be secondary and make it the most important thing in my life.  How do I know what’s important. I look at my schedule and at my bank statement.  If it matters to me I make the time for it, and I find the money for it.   Today I am thankful that "out of His great love He relented".  Today and everyday God please let my first word, my first thought, be with you...and keep me by your side all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment