Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lessons from Toy Story

I love the movie Toy Story.
It came out on VHS just about the time Jay and Seth were discovering video entertainment. We watched that movie at least 3 times a week for a couple of years. We watched it enough that we wore out the tape and had to buy it again.
It's a classic!

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come" 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

When I read this verse this morning - instantly my mind flashed back to Toy Story - and I had a visual image of what is actually going on with me and God.  In the movie, Andy writes his name on the foot of all of his most prized possessions. He marks them; he claims them; they are his.

I'll be honest. I looked at the bottom of my foot. Besides the toe rings and the gold sparkly nail polish, there is not much that is special about my feet. In fact, I think that feet in most cases are basically gross. Except for baby feet - every part of a baby is cute. I know you're smiling and shaking your head - probably because you know me.

Anyway, just like Andy marked all of his best things with his name, God has done the same to me. He has marked me. I am His. Cooler still, His Spirit is now in me. I get to live each day with a taste of what eternity with Him will be. Kinda like the free bees at Sam's Club. It's a sample, a taste. It's a glimpse of what is to come. And it's good. Really good.

Check your feet, check your heart.  Are you marked?  Are you ready for a taste?
What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment