Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"And God saw that it was GOOD"


Then God said "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that IT WAS GOOD.  Genesis 1:11 -12

Words cannot describe the beauty that I saw.
I am so glad I wasn't too busy to miss it!
How can a person see the beauty of all God made and not see God himself? His fingertips touch everything.

No cell phone ringing, no text messages buzzing.
No email to return and no missed calls. No meetings or reports or homework. No classrooms and no boardrooms.
No calls to Doctors.
No calendar to rule our life, no time clock to keep track of.
No TV. No Computer. No Internet. No CNN or FOX.
How long has it been since I noticed flowers? Well since there is a foot of snow in my front yard it's been awhile.

As my world gets quiet so do my heart.
I love my life, but my life comes with lots of noise.
Lets review The first 6 weeks of 2013.
     New Job - out of the blue and totally a God thing!
     Upward, Track and Concert Band begins.
     New work schedule for Matt.
     Mom's fire and the emergency trip to Arizona.
     The Flu takes out all the Wilson men.
     Back to the new job.
     Hey, lets get Kids Camp 2013 ready to go.
     Guatemala 2013 Jesus film trip.


As the bus rolled down the road, God's gentle voice began to speak. Actually, I think he'd been speaking all the time. It was me, my ears were so full of noise that I just rolled right over His calm call to my heart.

What are you doing? Who do you love? Where are you?
    What? ---- It's you God, don't you see where I work?
    What? ---- It's you God, don't you see all that I do at the church?
    What? ---- It's you God, haven't you read what I've been writing?
    What? ---- I am in Guatemala.

I'm sorry. It's not about where I work, or what I do.
It's not about what I give or what I have.
I want to snuggle up close to You.
Things are harder here in Northern Guatemala.
Things are simpler too.
Take me back to what is simple.
Stir my heart.
Make things clear.
Let me get lost in your creation. Use me this week. My hands, my feet, my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment