Friday, November 30, 2012

Fragile On My Forehead

Fragile on my Forehead

That is how I feel. That is what I am sure people would see today if they just looked close enough. It's a handle with care kind of day, week, month, season. The details don't matter ~ I know that God knows the whole story. When will the rain stop? When will each new day not feel like it is all up hill, uneven and jagged? There is just so much hard stuff right now. I guess you could say it's harvest time, but what is being reaped is the fruit of poor choices, foolish decisions and outright plain and simple sin. Free will can really stink sometimes. The people I love hurt. I can't fix it. I feel powerless.  I cry out to God, when will I hear your voice? I know that faith is not feeling based, in fact sometimes faith is the exact opposite of what I am feeling.

Insights from my Bible reading: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit ~ Romans 15:13 and then Find rest O my soul in God alone, my hope comes from Him ~ Psalms 62:5  I wrapped up with So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law of the Prophets ~ Matthew 7:12

Joy, Peace, Hope.  These things all feel so far from me today. Draw me close today.

My heartache, My struggle, My chaos, My world. Me, Me, Me, Me, Me.
I know that these days are just a few pages in story that God continues to write.
God I know that you can use these pages for your glory.

But it still hurts. It's still hard. I don't like it. It's not fun. It's not easy. It's messy. You are patient when I am slow, when I falter, when I fail, when I am human. You love me beyond measure. Help me God. Let me see the people that you bring into my path today the way you do. If they have fragile on their forehead and in their heart, let me mirror your compassion and your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment