Monday, October 29, 2012

When I Pray Psalm 37 what I am saying is...

So this was one of those days. I read Your word and you whisper gently in my ear. You know me well God, so you know that I don't need a heavy hand today, I already have a heavy heart. Genesis to refresh my mind with the truth I will teach in a few hours. Exodus, where we currently travel together. James, as I continue to hang out in faith application and get ready for my next ladies group and then to the Psalms. Not for study; not on the read it sheet; just the place I am drawn these last few weeks. I am in no rush. As my heart crys out to you God, Davids words echo mine. So I am gonna pray them to you God, as I apply them to me.

Psalm 37

Don’t worry about the wicked
    or envy those who do wrong.
             Ok God, so it's not about anyone but me. Me and You. I wont worry about them and you, I will keep my focus on me and You and this journey we are on together.
For like grass, they soon fade away.
    Like spring flowers, they soon wither.
             You are judge God, and you will take care of it.
Trust in the Lord and do good.
             I know that you know all that is going on. Help me to remember what stuff is yours to handle and what you actually want me to do. Help me to stay focused to the tasks you have actually given me. Don't let me be distracted by anything else. I want to be faithful to the things you have laid on my heart.
    Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord,
             I want to enjoy our time together Lord. I want to close my eyes, breath deep and smile. 
    and he will give you your heart’s desires.
            God please keep working on me. Transform my hearts desires to the things that honor and glorify you. Not my will by thy will Lord...
Commit everything you do to the Lord.
             Let my actions reflect your will and not my own.
             Let everything I do bring honor to you.
    Trust him, and he will help you.
             As I depend on you God, I know that you will provide what I need. I don't want to hold anything back.  
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
    and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
            Shut my mouth, quiet my mind and let me hear You.
    and wait patiently for him to act.
            Your will in Your time - God help me to remember you never show up late to the party.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
    or fret about their wicked schemes.
            I don't need to focus on the wrongs of others - I know you know all about it God.
Stop being angry!
           My anger does not please you.
    Turn from your rage!
           The words and actions my anger produce doesn't please you either.
Do not lose your temper—
    it only leads to harm.
            I can control my mouth, my thoughts, my actions. It wont be easy, but it is for my good.

I can't do any of this without you God. It will be your strength, not mine. Where I lack desire God, please increase it. Tonight I long for your tender love for me. Draw me close God.

No comments:

Post a Comment