Monday, October 22, 2012

Give Ear To My Words Oh Lord

The last couple of weeks have been ... I don't even know the words.

God, I have witnessed Your blessings at their best.
I have witnessed sin's ravaging at it's worst.
New life has been created, and a child we be born --- and I join in the rejoicing!
Another struggles with the pain of pregnancy loss.
A friend was called home to glory - and I miss her.
You have used medicine and doctors to heal and restore for one family; yet another waits and seeks You although it seems that healing on this side of heaven will not be a part of Your plan.
A job secured, a job lost.
A marriage created and blessed by You; families crumbling from within.

I love your faithfulness. Your Word speaks so well. You gave me David's words today, and they ring true in my heart.

Give ear to my words, Oh Lord, consider my meditation. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God; to you alone do I pray. My crys you will hear in the morning. Oh Lord in the morning will I direct my prayer unto you, and I will wait in expectation. 

This verse is salve for my soul. I first learned this truth as a campfire song at a camp in Prescott Arizona. As I sing these words to you God, I can smell the pine trees and feel the cool mountain air. I recall the lessons of my youth that you have proven true time and time again in my adult journey of faith. I know You are not far from me. I know that I can not even begin to perceive Your knowledge, or Your understanding.  I just need an extra portion from you today...some extra love, some extra peace and some extra wisdom. I am glad we are starting the day together God. You know the details of what this day will be. I want to seek you first. In all that is this day - let it honor You.

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.


No comments:

Post a Comment