Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Chains Are Gone...

The Lord says: "Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God. Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, (Jehovah M'Kaddesh) who makes you holy."
 (Leviticus 20:7-8)


"My chains are gone, I've been set free. My God and Savior has ransomed me. And like flood His mercies reign. Unending love, amazing grace."

Jehovah M'Kaddesh - God who sanctifies. With this name of God, I can boldly declare that I AM SET FREE. The chains and bondage of sin's power are broken and life with a pure heart by the power of indwelling of the Holy Spirit is possible.

 There is no sin that is stronger than the power of God. No habit, no addiction, no past wrong that stains too dark for the blood of Jesus Christ to wash clean. There is no inner struggle, no emotional or mental wound that is too deep for God to be able to heal. God wants to clean up my heart, make it like His, transform me from the inside out and use me for His purpose. And when God forgives, heals and restores, He does it fully, completely and permanently. But I have to do my part. It requires my full surrender to His power, authority and will. God is a gentleman. He will never force Himself on me. He doesn't manipulate. Jesus freely and fully has provided salvation - forgiveness of my sins. Now, God calls me to something more - full acceptance of and surrender to His Lordship. God wants everything. My dreams, my fears, my failures. My relationships, my future, my finances. Nothing hidden, nothing held back.

To claim God as sanctifier, to ask Him to fill the heart, soul, mind, spirit and body of a believer fully and completely for forever is a moment.  The moment a believer completely surrenders to God everything that is, was or ever will can for some be highly emotional. For others, it is a choice, a logical next step in the Christian journey that focuses on the understanding that this sanctification is something God desires for all of His children.

To claim God as sanctifier is also a lifelong process of obedience and relationship. God desires for the process to continue into eternity. Staying in His will, staying under His authority, continuing to give to Him all of those little parts of me and my life that I want to hold onto - it's a day by day choice.  Each day I choose. Today do I stay close to God? Today do I live my life by His standard? Today do I seek first His kingdom, His righteousness, His will? Today do I believe that His way is not just better than mine, but that His way is the only way?

Jehovah M'Kaddesh - today I call on you to continue to sanctify my life. I give to you my husband - who you gave to me. I give to you my children - because they are yours, and my love for them pales in comparison to yours. I give you my family - and I ask you God to be undeniable real in their lives today. I surrender to you the details of my day - I have a plan, but God I want to seek your purpose. Don't let me miss your voice God. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment