Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Keeping My Options Limited - Kinda

If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believing, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. James 1:5-8 The Message

Wow! Story of my life right now J  There a still moments God, when I don’t feel like I know at all what I am doing, and yet, I know that I am exactly where you want me to me. Sometimes I forget that you love to help.  Sometimes I forget that when I take a deep breath and say “Hey God, I need you and I need your help, your wisdom. And I am just gonna wait for you on this one”…then you take a deep breath and say “Yep. That’s my girl. She’s figuring it out. She needs me. She’s not all that.”  I don’t want to “worry my prayers”.  Worry is invested effort that does not change effect.  I am pretty sure that this is the exact opposite of prayer. It’s like me saying to you “Ok God, you take care of this, just check with me first.  Handle it your way, but in my time. Give me the details now because you see God, I don’t have time to wait, to trust.” 

It’s almost like if I went to Matt and said, “There is this thing that needs to be handled and it’s bigger than me and I don’t know what to do next, can you take care of it”; and of course Matt says yes. Then for no explainable reason, I go and attempt to handle on my own what I have already specifically asked Matt to do – which he has agreed to do because he can and he loves me. This would cause conflict in our relationship.  Duh – I’d be really ticked if he did that to me!

But how many times do I do that to you God? 
Help me to limit my option to one – trusting in you fully and consistently.  God bring it to the front of my mind that you have been and always will be.  You created everything from nothing. You even know how many tears I have shed and the number (and various colors) of hairs on my head.  So I will choose with my heart and mind to believe that you are big enough for me to come to you in prayer and leave my issues there.

No comments:

Post a Comment